Questions 1-2 are based on the following.
In the past, teachers, bank tellers, and secretaries were predominantly men; these occupations slipped in pay and status when they became largely occupied by women. Therefore, if women become the majority in currently male-dominated professions like accounting, law, and medicine, the income and prestige of these professions will also drop.
- The argument above is based on
- another argument that contains circular reasoning
- an attempt to refute a generalization by means of an exceptional case
- an analogy between the past and the future
- an appeal to popular beliefs and values
- an attack on the character of the opposition.
Answer : C